Body Type: Sports, Coupe
Year Built: 1974
Engine Size: 2.0L
Fuel Type: Gas
Ext color: Maroon
Int color: Tan
1974 Alfa Romeo 2000 GTV
Excellent, well sorted Alfa Romeo 2000 GTV that was completely restored about 14 years ago to a very high standard. Exterior and interior are excellent, reflecting the quality of the restoration. Mechanically, the car is without reproach and the car drives and handles extremely well – as good (or better) than any GTV we have driven.
– Originally a California car (Los Angeles and then San Francisco), that was purchased in 2001 and driven back to Boston by serial Alfa owner and club member. Some history, receipts and photographs from California available for ownership prior to 2001
– 2001 – 2004, comprehensive restoration in Boston at a cost of more than $27,000. All receipts and many photographs available.
– Bare metal body restoration and repaint ($7,000)
– Complete Mechanical rebuild of engine, gearbox, suspension, etc. by Glynn Motorsports ($17,300).
– Highlights include – Sperry Stage 4 Heads; Euro Cams (Colombo and Bariani); Motronic Pistons and Liners; Ceramic coated headers: Rebuilt/modified Injection by Wes Ingram; Lightened Flywheel; Engine balanced; Rebuilt starter and alternator; New Oil and Water Pumps; Sachs Clutch; Stebro Exhaust; Rebuilt Gearbox.
– 2005, purchased and driven to Kansas City by current owner/Alfa club member. Limited use due to extended work/travel. Car moved to Wichita, KS, Niantic, CT and then Sarasota, FL, where it now resides.
– 2005 – 2016, driven less than 4,000 miles, stored and covered in secured garage at all times. Started and run every few months. Serviced and refreshed in November, 2014 by marque expert in Connecticut, before moving to Sarasota. New tires and rims fitted at that time. Receipt for $2,200 available.
|Listed Price||$49,500|| |
Excluding price changes of less than $100.
About This Dealership:
Vintage Motors has an extensive and diverse collection for all types of classic and exotic car collectors and enthusiasts. Every transaction Vintage handles is influenced and benefits from our years of industry achievements and each proposes a new and exciting challenge by fulfilling the world ́s elite collectors needs one classic car at a time. Buyers and sellers both have come from all over the globe, and are represented by many different countries, from Europe, Russia and the Middle East to Asia, and the Americas. This cultural diversity extends to our team of car specialists, who are also known and respected around the world. Buyers and sellers both benefit from this knowledge base…Vintage ́s Car Specialists combine decades of experience in acquiring, selling, trading, rallying, and restoring notable automobiles.