1926 Ford Model T Runabout The first Model T was produced on September 27th, 1908, at the Piquette Plant in Detroit, Michigan. There are two classes of the Model T, those that were produced before 1919 and after 1919. The pre-1919 Model T\'s are known as veteran cars while the later models are called vintage cars. Even though the name Model T was used for almost twenty years, it was much improved both visually and mechanically over the years. At all times, the vehicle could be had in a wide variety of body styles. The open touring cars and roadsters were cheaper to produce and thus, produced in greater numbers. The Volkswagen \'Beetle\' is the only car model to outsell the Model T Ford. The Model T mobilized a nation, not only the United States but many other countries. With dealerships and factories set up throughout the world, the Model T was mass-produced and easily available to many buyers. Often, the factories were established in other countries to get around an import tax, thus keeping the cost low. The innovative Model T served its purpose. It was inexpensive and reliable, many lasting even to this day. For consignment and gracing the South mallway of our Hallowed Halls, a Model T Runabout right out of 1926. With a 12-volt conversion, rebuilt suspension, some transmission upgrades, a high compression cylinder head, and fold down vinyl roofing we have a sure-fire winner once you figure out the pedal arrangement and controls. The beneficiary of a restoration has left us with a nicely done, great driving example of the new for 1926 Model T still in original Henry steel. Exterior All standard issue Model T with chrome accenting on the radiator, Motometer, twin barred bumper and headlight rings. We note the headlamp tie bar, added during early 1926 model production to stiffen up the fenders and headlamps. A simple industrial gray doghouse style center hinged hood is flanked by black flowing fenders over the front wheels and down to running boards A simple body tub carries the gray theme and is covered with a black vinyl top sans any rips or wear. This top can be easily folded by 2 people to enjoy the fresh air and for inclement weather, side curtains are included with the purchase. A sloping trunk is on the back and opens to reveal a simple metal stowage area with access to the 12-volt battery. Signal lights have been added to the front and rear in the name of safety, and a second tail/stop lamp has also been added to the rear. The gaps are well minded and nary a hint of rust is seen on this well presenting body and nice paint application. Cleanly finished red 21-inch wire spoke wheels with like new Firestone tires adorn the 4 corners. A red wire spoke spare tire is attached on the rear and finishes off our exterior tour nicely. Interior Swinging open the passenger\'s door, (trust me, it\'s much easier to enter from this side), and we are met with lightly textured basic vinyl door panels with a simple gray steel actuator. A fat black 4 spoke steering wheel with timing and throttle controls sits atop the column with the added on turn signal actuator in chrome and in front is a full metal jacket gray steel dash. A simple, spartan design with only an ampere gauge to monitor on this dash and a simple combination headlight and ignition switch. and a few brass handled buttons. Providing the seating is a black vinyl bench seat finished with a buttoned tuck and roll pattern and looking just fab. A simple black vinyl Ford logo-ed floor mat covers the wooden floors and wraps up our interior tour. Drivetrain Lifting either side of the center hinged hood allows us to view the 177ci 4-cylinder mill. Based on the serial number this engine was built in July of 1926 and very well may be the original engine. It is fed by a 1bbl carburetor on the side and bolted to the top is a Snyder\'s high compression cylinder head. On the back is a 2-speed planetary transmission with updated Kevlar bands. A 3.63 geare
|Listed Price||$17,000|| |
Excluding price changes of less than $100.
Classic Auto Mall is a world class consignment house located in southeastern Pennsylvania with indoor showroom space for up to 1,000 collectable and special interest vehicles offered for sale. We are conveniently located just west of Philadelphia.