|Date Posted:||Jan 5, 2013|
|Model Type:||2DR Coupe|
| || |
|Web Site Address:|
1973 Custom Detomaso Pantera
Asking price: $56,500 (offers welcome)
Mileage: 20,900 miles
VIN: THPNNA05923 (built in January 1973)
For sale is one of the most recognized Panteras of all time. Known worldwide as “Purgold”, I re-registered this Pantera upon purchasing it in 2010. This is a rust-free California Pantera with a laser straight body. It runs strong and shifts well. This may have been the first or one of the first Panteras to have a Ford 4.6L DOHC 32V “cammer” or “modular” engine installed. Consequently, it can run all day while getting relatively good gas mileage and is not prone to overheating, as with some Panteras.
Moving plans forces sale of this unique car. Clean title (pink slip) is in hand. This is a used car with no warranty. It is being sold “as is.” The car is located in Fountain Valley, CA. Please call me (leave a detailed message) or to make an appointment to see it. Thanks! Steve.
• Door handles and side markers shaved
• Custom front bumpers; rear bumper moved closer to body with suspension removed
• Amazing Candy Apple Red metal flake paintwork performed by Tom Horvath
• 1993 Ford 4.6L V8 DOHC 4V with 6-bolt main bearing caps
• Engine installed and certified by Steve Wilkerson, Wilkerson Pantera
• Motek EFI
• Individual “stack” intake manifolds with K&N filters (Ford GT40 style)
• Fully polished and gold plated engine and transaxle
• Hall “big bore” headers and exhaust
• Dual SS fuel tanks
• Fully adjustable coil over suspension
• Polished billet Campagnolo wheels: 205/55 16” \\ 335/35 17” \\ Dunlop Sport 8000 tires
• Vented rotors with Wilwood-style calipers (F&R); rotor hat bolts safety-wired
• Dual brake reservoirs
Interior and Misc.
• Interior refurbished in original black leather with flat no-hump firewall
• Low profile halogen headlight retro-fit
• Keyless entry
• Motorized engine bay lid
LEARN TO RECOGNIZE GOOD DEALS FROM BAD:
Unfortunately, there are people out there who will use classifieds to get your money.
Here are some ways to avoid these scams. Use skepticism and good judgment.
Please report any suspicious ads or contacts you have received - we cannot guarantee the validity
of all "businesses" or "individuals" that choose to advertise on our sites. For more information,
- Be wary if the price is notably below market value.
- Be prudent with International transactions. A good number of buyer/seller fraud attempts originate from overseas.
- Confirm contact information. Legitimate buyers/sellers will provide valid information, including phone.
- In almost every case scammers will convey a sense of urgency.