Stunning example of an early-production DeLorean (June 1981). The earlier production models seem to be of a nicer quality (I\'ve owned an Oct \'81, and believe me, there IS a difference!) This car has several distinctive features that set it apart from all the rest!
- The radio antenna is embedded in the windshield glass
- The shift knob is smooth and does not have a logo
- The doors are of the double-post lock design
- The sill plates are bolted, not glued
- The rear louvers and engine bay are a glossy black finish, not the matte and flat black of later models
- The dealer antenna is quarter-panel mounted on the front, instead of the problematic rear power mount of later models
Everything shines on this car, from the front fascia to the tailpipes. It\'s been cared for and coddled from day one, and it shows! Ready for the weekend driver or the show circuit.
All lights, locks, windows, wipers, switches, and gizmos work. The dash still has the original Craig cassette player. The cooling fans kick on at 200~ degrees like originally designed, and even that infamous rear driver\'s side armrest is in great shape.
I can drive it to you if you\'re within the MD/VA area, and I\'ll be happy to work with any shippers you send my way. It costs about ~$1100 to ship from VA to CA on an open-top carrier.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask!