The real deal, Right hand drive Fairlady Z 2+2 with just over 40,000km.
When is the last time a Fairlady came up for sale
There is some debate over the actual year, although someone with more knowledge could probably determine that from the serial number.
The ID plate on the inner fender is original and serial number on it matches the one on the firewall. The car was inspected when it first went on the road in Canada back in the late 1980\'s and was issued an extended serial number by the RCMP at that time. That serial number plate is affixed to the drivers door pillar and utilizes the original serial number from the firewall as well as the provincial identification
2.0 liter in-line 6, 5 speed, dual SU\'s [ with non captive - barrel style - floats - which are different than most I have seen ] runs like a dream,
This is a great daily driver as it is, has not been restored, and looks decent. Most importantly does not have any of the usual Datsun rust. The few 240 / 260 guys I know cannot believe how rust free it is. [ they also do not know I am selling it - yet]
I am a street rod guy and cannot leave anything well enough alone, so this would become a major undertaking, - if I had the time. I have decided to sell it, hoping the new owner will do it up right, and I can see pictures of it at some point when it is completed
I drove it to work all of last summer, and it is a blast to drive just as it is
- It could use the full cosmetic restoration - on a car with a body as good as this, that would not be a major issue -
- The previous owner removed the fender mounted mirrors [ a shame ] and either replaced the fenders or filled the holes followed by a poor paint job
- The dash was cracked and the previous owner made an attempt ro repair - it needs to be replaced, I know there are some right hand drive dash covers for sale out of England and Australia
- Drivers seat upholstery needs to be redone, carpets need replacing, and of course the weather stripping
- Has factory air [ not working ] - the Hitachi compressor is free wheeling, so it is not seized. all the copper lines from it are are intact. The heater hoses are not hooked up - suspect it might need a heater core
- all the guages work, electrical seems fine - except for 2 things
- the right hand front signal light will not blink when the headlights are on - I am sure it is a bulb or a socket, as everything works fine when the headlights are off
- the windshield wiper motor hums like it is trying to run when the switch is turned off - I unplugged the connector
- the after market rims are ugly, and the Dunlop tires appear to be the same ones that went on it back in the late 80\\\\\\\'s
- bumpers need replacing
- when you look at the pictures - look at the floor pans - the residue is the overspray glue from the original carpet adhesive, but obviously the floors themselves were mint - the pads were removed, the floors cleaned and coated with POR 15 and then a sound deadener mat added after these pictures were taken
Having had street rods in a few World of Wheels shows I understand and appreciate detail, - as such I hope I haven\\\\\\\'t left anything of significance out of the description
This is a cool car just the way it is, and a great opportunity to own something unique in this cookie cutter world. Especially when that car is a right hand drive variation of the 240/260/280 Datsuns
Please understand what you are bidding on as it is being sold as is, where is, and I do not want anyone to feel that they got anything other than what they expected.
If you have questions please ask them, I am not an expert but will tell you what I can.