Frequently Asked Questions
- What does advertising on Old Car Online Cost?
- How do I upload pictures to my ad?
- How do I renew my ad?
- How do I modify my ad?
- How do I search the site?
- How do I go straight to an ad if I know the ad number?
- How do I retrieve my username and password?
- How do I find Vehicle Pricing information?
- How will potential buyers contact me?
- What do I do if my vehicle is sold?
- What is auto notify?
What does advertising on Old Car Online cost?
How do I upload pictures to my ad?
In order to upload images to your ad, you must be logged in. Click here to login
- In your user area, click on "Add / Edit Pictures"
- Click on the "Browse..." button.
- Select the picture you want to load from your computer, and click on "Open".
- (Optional) Type in a caption.
- Click on the "Upload Picture" button.
Pictures may take a few seconds or several minutes to load, depending on the size of the picture file and your connection speed.
Repeat the above process for any additional photos you wish to upload.
Your changes will take effect immediately. In order to viewthem in your browser, you may have to refresh your page.
Allowable file formats: .jpg, .gif, .bmp, .png
If you're still having trouble uploading your photos, you can send them to us to insert in your ad.
The quickest way is to email the images to this address:
Please include your Ad Number in the Subject or Body of your message.
By Postal Mail*:
Send the images, with your Ad Number clearly marked, by mail to:
Old Car Online Support
726 Cherry St. #160
PO Box 8000 Sumas, WA
Old Car Online Support
1102-1329 Ellis St
*Please note: If you want your images to be returned to you, please provide a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
How do I renew my ad?
Please Note: We do not hold any credit card numbers on file from past transactions.
In order to renew your ad on Old Car Online, please login here and follow these steps:
- In your User Area, click on "Pay / Renew / Upgrade Ad".
- Select an ad duration.
- Select any options you may want to include with your listing.
- Click on "Continue" at the bottom of the form.
- Choose you preferred method of payment - Paypal or Internet Secure.
- For Internet Secure, enter your credit card payment information, and continue.
- For Paypal, enter your Paypal login information or create a new Paypal account, and continue.
[ Note: If you are not comfortable with online transactions,you can renew your ad by phoning your credit card information to us at: 1-800-677-4484 8:30am–5pm Pacific Standard Time, Monday to Friday. ]
When payment is complete you will return to your User Area. Your changes will take effect immediately. You may have to refresh your browser to see the updates you have made (F5 on your keyboard).
How do I modify my ad?
In order to edit or modify your ad on Old Car Online, please login here and follow these steps:
- In your User Area, click on "Modify Description".
- Type any changes you wish to make into the appropriate field.
- When you are finished, click on "Continue" at the bottom of the form.
Your changes will take effect immediately. To see the updates you have made, click on "Preview Ad" in your User Area - a new window will open displaying your ad as other viewers will see it.
[ Using "Preview Ad" will not count as a hit on your ad ]
How do I search the site?
On both search forms, you may choose to use all, some or none of the search fields. The more search fields you use, the closer the results will be to what you're looking for.
The default listing order of the search results is by year of manufacture, oldest to newest. You can change the listing order by clicking on the column titles at the top of the search results. You can also reverse the listing order by clicking on the current column title.
For example: when you first see the search results, they will be arranged by year with the oldest vehicle at the top. If you click on "Price" at the yop of the price column, the results will re-arrange by price, lowest to highest. If you click on "Price" again, the results will now display by price in reverse, highest to lowest.
How do I go straight to an ad if I know the ad number?
Enter the ad number in the “Find it” search bar at the top of any page (just below the OldCarOnline logo).
How do I retrieve my username and password?
If you have lost or forgotten your username and password, you can retrieve them by clicking here and entering the email address you used when you signed up. Your login information will be sent to your email address.
How do I find vehicle pricing information?
You can check used vehicle prices by doing the following:
- Clicking on the NADA Guides link on right side of the page. NADA Guides have free retail book value information for all types of vehicles.
- Kelly Blue Book has a site at http://www.kbb.com.
How will potential buyers contact me?
Buyers can contact you by calling the telephone number(s) you provide on your ad, or by clicking on the red "Email Seller" link on your ad. Buyers will not have direct access to your actual email address, instead they will fill out a short form that will be sent to your email address after we screen the messages for spam and scammers.
If you choose to reply to the buyer's inquiry by email, your message will go straight to them and not through us, so your address will be available to them at that point.
What do I do if my vehicle is sold?
If you sell your Vehicle you can login to your User Area and click on "Mark Sold". Your ad will remain online for a few days with a red "SOLD" indication on it, then it will go offline automatically.
If you prefer, you can contact us and we can mark your ad as "SOLD" or take it offline for you. Please try and have you ad number ready when you call or email.
What is auto notify?
The Auto-Notify feature allows you to set up a personal search agent that will automatically send you new ads that match the keywords that you define. You must have an account with us and be logged in to set it up - just click on "Auto Notify" in your User Area.User accounts are free, and you do not need to purchase an ad to keep an account with us.