Collecting classic cars is generally regarded as a hobby for men, but more and more women, especially baby boomers, have started to show interest in old automobiles. According to Hagerty Insurance, the number one classic car insurer in the US, these are the most preferred classic cars among women collectors:
1) Chevrolet Corvette – The Corvette is a car that transcends age and gender. Models that were built between the 1950s and 1960s are regarded as blue-chippers, but the Stingrays from the 1970s are gaining popularity lately.
2) Ford Mustang – The most prized Mustangs are the convertible models from the mid-1960s. With an extensive selection of exterior and interior colors, it seems that no two Mustangs are exactly similar.
3) Chevrolet Camaro – Since the Camaro was reintroduced in 2010, there has been a growing interest in its classic models from the late 1960s. Female collectors prefer convertibles, and they seem to regard color and options to be as important as performance.
4) Volkswagen Beetle – Women are attracted to the Beetle, both new and old. This adorable car is fun to drive and cheap to maintain, and it is the ideal option for beginner collectors.
5) Ford Thunderbird – T-Birds from the mid-1950s have always been favorites among female collectors of classic cars. They are stylish, dependable, and easy to maintain.