The Jaguar Mark 2 is a mid-size saloon that was built in Coventry, England between 1959 and 1967. It was the successor of the Jaguar 2.4 and Jaguar 3.4, which were retrospectively named Mark 1 following its release.
The Mark 2 was the embodiment of the “grace, pace, and space” maxim of Jaguar founder Sir William Lyon. It was an impressive car in terms of appearance, comfort, and performance. Engine options came in the form of three versions of the Jaguar XK engine, including a 2.4-liter with 120 hp, 3.4-liter with 210 hp, and 3.8-liter with 220 hp. The 3.8-liter engine had some similarities with the engine that was used in the 3.8-liter E-Type, or XKE in the US, including the same block, pistons, crank, and connecting rods.
In 1961, a 3.4-liter Mark 2 with automatic transmission underwent a test conducted by The Motor magazine, and it ran at a top speed of 119 mph and accelerated from 0-60 mph in 11.9 seconds. The 3.8-liter version had a maximum speed of 125 mph and 0-60 mph acceleration of 8.5 seconds. Jaguar discontinued production of the Mark 2 in 1967 and replaced it with the 240 and 340 models.
If you want to purchase a British classic car, check out the cars that are available in our “Foreign Cars for Sale” section.